I always wonder whether I am thankful enough for the things in my life which most of us would probably regard as “normal”. For me for example it is normal that I have a roof over my head, enough and healthy food to eat, frequent access to clean water, electricity 24 hours a day, a heater which I can switch on if it gets too cold, etc. Also when I’m sick I can see a doctor and get a surgery or medication if necessary and I can rely on the health insurance to pay most or all of the expenses. I have had a proper education, even have a university degree. I can go to church, I have got lots of Bible translations in my language and I do not have to be afraid to be arrested, tortured or killed because of my faith. I’m living in a democracy – which is still a democracy, despite the efforts of totalitarian guardians of “political correctness” to undermine it!
I have a proper roof over my head – like 20% of the world population.
I can read and write – like 30% of the world population.
I own a computer – like 1% of the world population.
I have got a college / university degree – like 1% of the world population.
All this means I belong the minority of “rich” people in this world! Isn’t that a reason to be thankful to the One who gave all this to me? Actually I should be on my knees 24 hours a day – at least mentally!
2 comments:
We have so very, very much to be thankful for-thanks for the reminder.
Hi, thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment on my blog :D I was challenged to live in a more thankful manner by your post! Thanks for reminding us!
Post a Comment