Saturday, October 24, 2009

Where Will I Be 365 Days From Now?


The song by Lutricia Ncneal does not actually describe my current situation, but this question (and with it the song) came to my mind again recently. I have asked this question often in my life and of course after becoming a Christian I asked God this question - without always getting a reply immediately, of course. However, after getting married a little over a year ago and moving into my husband’s house I had not asked this question any more, because it was clear for me that (unless something very extraordinary would happen like one of us would be taken to the Lord early or so) we would live there together at least until he would retire from his job in about 15 years. So I thought I could finally settle here. Anyway, obviously changes are round the corner again! It is now time to sell the house and buy a flat / apartment instead. There are several reasons for it which I have stated in my blog “On Life’s Sunny Side” if you are interested. This means of course that - quite “unexpectedly” – I will have to move again much sooner than I had thought and Hermann will be forced to move out of the house and town he grew up in. Somehow this made me think of what Jesus said of Himself: "Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head." (Matthew 8:20) Of course it is not that extreme for us, as also in our new home we will have a cozy bed to sleep in and other luxuries which most people on Earth can only dream of (heating, electricity, water from the tap), but I think what the Lord meant was that as His follower you can never know exactly where you will be “365 days from now”. You should always be prepared to move where ever God wants you – that is a thing we have to keep in mind! Of course I’m very curious now where exactly He will lead us, and therefore this situation is becoming quite exciting :)

No comments: